Lions Area 2024 Inter-Provincial Trip
West Meets East – Ottawa and Halifax, June 29-July 12, 2024 (Subject to change)
Canada is a vast nation with a long history of Indigenous Peoples and 200 years of European settlers. With Central Canada and the East Coast being the oldest part of Canada as we know it today – Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick were the first provinces created.
Join us as we journey to Central Canada starting with a stopover in Ottawa, Canada’s Capital to celebrate Canada Day and our beautiful country. We will take part in the celebration which will include interactive activities, music and fireworks. While in Ottawa we plan to take part in Indigenous Experiences to learn about the diversity of our country and experience the Ottawa River as the First Peoples and early explorers did, on the water.
After visiting Ottawa, we will travel to Halifax by train. Things to do and see while in Halifax may include Pier 21 (Canadian Museum of Immigration), Maritime Museum (Titanic), Boardwalk at the Waterfront, Halifax Citadel National Historic Site, Peggy’s Cove, Africville – people of African descent have been living in Nova Scotia for over 300 years, Bay of Fundy and so much more. There may be the opportunity to visit PEI as well. Adventures could include kayaking, cycling, and/or hiking. The selected youth will be actively involved in the planning of experiences.
Who can participate?
- Twelve (12) youth (born 2007-2010) and three (3) adult Guiders.
In order to qualify, participants must:
- Be active members of Girl Guides of Canada (GGC) and have completed their 2nd or 3rd year of Pathfinders or 1st or 2nd year of Rangers or the equivalent in Trex by July 2024
- Have a minimum of two (2) consecutive nights camping experience at the Guide level or higher and preferably (and recommended) five (5) or more consecutive nights of experience being away from home in a Guiding setting (such as More Seaside Fun, Holidaze, Guiding Mosaic, SOAR, etc.) or another youth non-guiding program
- Be physically fit (hikes, walking), be prepared to complete (or have completed) the GGC Swim Test, be comfortable on the water (ie. kayaking/canoe)
- Be continuing as a Pathfinder, Ranger or Trex in the Guiding year following the trip (2024/2025)
EVERYTHING you need to know is here: LA Inter-Provincial Trip 2024 Fact Sheet
Lions Area 2024 Inter-Provincial Trip Girl Application Form
Lions Area 2024 Inter-Provincial Trip Girl Reference Form
Lions Area 2024 Guider Application Form
Lions Area 2024 Guider Reference Form